MOLP is a volume discount agreement, designed for organisations with 2 to 500 PCs. The licences are perpetual and media and software assurance are priced separately.
There is no contract and licences can be purchased for a period of 2 years at the entry level pricing.
The minimum entry level is 5 licences and all Microsoft products (including software assurance) can be mixed and matched to qualify for the entry level. There is no re-order entry level for a period of 2 years.
All small and medium-sized businesses qualify and academic discounts are available to educational institutes.
Maintenance & Upgrades:
Software Assurance allows users to stay current with the latest Microsoft software by offering support and tools to maintain server and desktop performance. Upgrades are free-of-charge to customers purchasing software assurance.
Media kits are purchased separately and may be used to install software for any number of licensed users.
5 Reasons to Buy:
1. Pooling initial 5 licences allows customers to purchase what they need when they need it for the next 2 years.
2. Customers save money by buying licences over boxed product versions of software.
3. Increase efficiency and ease of installation and administration with licences and media kits.
4. No forecasts or commitments required.
5. Perpetual licences are bought outright and paid for upfront, so no additional payments are incurred